Flats - Code of Conduct
Information for Residents of Flats
All areas outside each flat are owned by the Management Company and managed by Amber Management – If you have a (maintenance) problem then report it by telephoning Amber on 01992 769143. However if you are a Tenant you should not contact Amber direct but speak to your Landlord who will do so on your behalf. The following information is intended to be helpful and ensure that everyone living in the flats understands, respects and abides by an essential "Code of Conduct" in accordance with the Lease to ensure the well-being of all.
- The properties are to be used as private dwellings only. They are not to be used for the purpose of profession, trade, manufacture, or business or for any illegal or immoral purpose.
- Please do not store anything in the entrance hall or communal areas; this constitutes a Fire, Health & Safety Hazard and items may be removed.
- The stairway service cupboards must be kept clear at all times.
- No Individual Satellite Dishes or Aerials should be fixed to the exterior of the building.
- No smoking in the communal areas (Fire, Health & Safety Regulations).
- Remember the Lease stipulates the following:
- No sound system, television or musical instrument should be played at such a volume or frequency so as to cause annoyance to any neighbour.
- Please ensure all mail addressed to your property is removed and not left lying around in the hallways, this particularly applies to junk mail.
- All refuse must be placed, in bags, inside the bin stores provided. Refuse collectors are not contracted to remove refuse from inside the building.
- NO FLY-TIPPING, in or outside of the bins stores, or on the Island is allowed. It is a CRIMINAL OFFENCE and residents caught fly-tipping will be prosecuted. Residents must make their own arrangements for the removal of large/bulky items. Note: Enfield Council collects up to 3 items of bulky furniture (beds, wardrobes, tables,chairs and sofas etc) FREE of charge. Fridges, fridge-freezers can also be collected FREE of charge. Other bulky items; TVs, computers, hi-fis, dishwasher and washing machines etc a small charge will be made of £11 for 3 items. Call the council on 020 8379 1000 and ask for the Waste Disposal Department.
- No structural alterations or additions to the demised premises without the previous consent of the Lessor and the Management Company.
- Residents and their visitors are asked to leave the building quietly, particular attention should be given to closing both communal and individual apartment doors.
- For Sale or To Let Boards are not permitted on the development; but can be displayed in windows.
It is to the benefit of all that the above code is respected in order for everyone to enjoy living on the Island! Copies of this code have been posted on Block notice boards.